10.22.2011

A Letter from Lauren

Dear Neighbors,
Thank you for visiting my website.  I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself.

First and foremost, I'm a wife and mother.  My husband David and I have three lovely children whom we've been raising here in West Windsor for nearly six years.  My family is of utmost importance to me, and I am grateful for their support and understanding. 

Two of our kids are very young (3 and 5 years old), and their care requires that I prioritize how I spend my time.  You may have read that I "have trouble finishing projects" - which is true if we're just talking about personal craft projects, such as knitting.  I love to start projects with the kids, but they're little and they sometimes lose interest before we finish.  I'm also knitting a sweater that keeps getting interrupted.  I'll bet that you have a few of these pesky projects around, too.

Secondly, I'm a member of our community, a friend and a volunteer.  My interest in healthcare and family dynamics has guided my focus, leading me to join the Twin W first aid squad and provide mother-to-mother breastfeeding support.  I'm a regular blood donor and a member of the Be the Match bone marrow donor registry.  Now that my kids are a little older, I'm combining my interest in supporting the community and crafting to knit and donate hats for preemies and underprivileged children.

Over the next few days, I'll continue to add information to this space.  I hope you'll take a chance to learn more about who I am and what I can bring to West Windsor.

Respectfully,
Lauren Kohn